Monday, August 8, 2011

I must share this, I love it!



This gorgeous illustration is by Lecte on Etsy!  It's called 'A Net for the Birds'.  Hmmm, does it ring any bells?!  How many birds are there?!  Lecte added me to her circle and so I popped over to her Etsy shop to have a look around, liked what I saw and something about the thumbnail for this piece jumped out at me and I clicked to have a closer look.  I looked at the picture, then noticed the title, it was all looking very familiar and I thought 'Oh my goodness, I must have read the 'Tale of the Seven Bird Spirits' somewhere and completely forgotten, I obviously didn't make it up at all!!!' (Well, aside from the fact that it's intentionally based on a fairytale that I hope people recognise, because if you believe my controversial...and fictional...Professor Woodford-Harding, the Talesingr's Tales could be the ancient prototypes upon which famous fairytales are based!)

So I quickly read through Lecte's description.  And NO, I haven't...it's actually an illustration of MY story!  How cool is that?  Someone all the way across the other side of the world was inspired to illustrate my little Talesingr's story.  And how cool is that drawing?  I love the dynamism in it, I love the strength in the Dreamspinnr's arms, I love that she is tattooed just as I imagined she would be.  It's just stunning, isn't it!

And I love the way the world wide web makes this kind of thing possible...it really is a kind of magic!

3 comments:

Lunar Hine said...

Magic, yes - which you have sent out into the world. So glad it's come back to you so fast.

MoCrow said...

Oh, I love this drawing Christina! such a beautiful intricate rendering. The net you are weaving with the Talesingr Tales is growing stronger by the day!

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

That is a great illustration of your Tale of the Seven Bird Spirits... I do love your whole Talesingr idea and the way you have crafted the stories... It feels a real priviledge for you to have opened the book for us as it were to share this wonderful work...

Related Posts with Thumbnails