Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Child finished...


Such a little piece, and yet it's taken me hours to finish it.  So much detail in one tiny 9 x 13cm space.  But I've enjoyed it so much.  I think I will do more of these, perhaps they are something I can do during the long summer, when it's almost impossible to paint because it dries so quickly, and the heat can be so oppressive sometimes I find it hard to think.  I'm really NOT a summer person, we had a taste of what's to come today, 37º Celsius, and I just wilt at these temperatures.  It will be another long, hot, dry summer, and my garden is already looking a little woebegone!

5 comments:

salty pebble said...

stunning detail!! sooo beautiful!
you have an amazingly wonderful talent! ;0)

A mermaid in the attic said...

Thanks Karen, I really enjoyed working on it too, I haven't worked in plain pencil for ages!

Tammie Lee said...

this is a wonderful piece!!!
if it makes you feel any better, it is now -3F here in the NW of Montana. chilly and more!

pRiyA said...

Hi Mermaid in the Attic, thank you for visiting. No I haven't seen Tan's The Arrival. Good Picture books are difficult to get here and my collection has been gotten from various sources over time. But that is slowly changing and I've got to know of a few stockists that I must visit soon. Otherwise there is always Amazon.com. So many people have been talking about The Arrival so that is now a bee in my bonnet.

I like this illustration of yours a lot. It reminds me of the one I did here:
http://theplumtree.blogspot.com/2009/03/in-garden.html

Do visit again soon!
:-)

A mermaid in the attic said...

Priya, I just had a look, love your illustration! Shaun also has a new(ish) book out called Tales from Outer Suburbia which is also brilliant, although quite different. It's a collection of quirky short stories written and illustrated by him...he grew up in a suburb of Perth as well, so the stories are so familiar to me, with just a nice edge of oddness. And of course, more brilliant artwork.

Related Posts with Thumbnails